PDA

View Full Version : What flew by on Friday

Amberjoy
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
My son took several pictures of a news event in our neck of the woods. Thought I'd share it with you since Drox Operative is in beta. Kinda related..sort of. :)

View facing west with our carport and side of house.

Shuttle1cview9-21-12.jpg (http://www.calweb.com/~dshutton/Shuttle1cview9-21-112.jpg)

I will keep this view up for a month. Need the space for my gaming battle maps in the game I run on Rpol dot net. :)

Amberjoy
09-27-2012, 07:19 PM
no comments. I know its nothing like stuff you see in the news or youtube, still. Oh well. :(

Castruccio
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Aren't the shuttles retired now? Where was this one headed?

Shadow
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Actually it was a cool pic. For Castruccio, they were "flying" that one back to LA where it will go on display in a museum.

Amberjoy
09-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Actually it was a cool pic. For Castruccio, they were "flying" that one back to LA where it will go on display in a museum.

Yes, they flew from Florida to Houston to So. Calif. desert area. Then took off for a 'show me off' flight around California. Went north to the capitol (Sacramento) then over to San Francisco and a flight over the Golden Gate Bridge (honoring Star Trek movies - sort of) then down the coast line to LA where it will be taken to the museum over land to the museum. An internet friend of mine lives in Houston and she got to go to the landing field where it was refueling and had a picture taken 100 feet away from the airplane wing. The shuttle looked kinda dirty and burnt in a few places. Close up it was a marvel. :) Can't put that pic up without her permission.