PDA

View Full Version : MonsterEnhancements.gdb

GeorgiaBoy
09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Is there a way to add additional enhancements like paralyzation (stun, longer effect), petrification (death, but low chance of happening), metal damage (subtracts from armor and weapon dmg), acid (like poison, but splash), summoning (like the sand things turning into tiny sand things upon its death), experience drain?

Again, many thanks,

GB

Shadow
09-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Is there a way to add additional enhancements like paralyzation (stun, longer effect), petrification (death, but low chance of happening), metal damage (subtracts from armor and weapon dmg), acid (like poison, but splash), summoning (like the sand things turning into tiny sand things upon its death), experience drain?

You can do many of these through enhancements or skills.

Paralyzation is just a longer stun. A bunch of monsters have a stun attack.

You kind of could do petrification. You can add a stone skin type effect and make the attack very rare and do a huge amount of damage. The character would still play the death anim though.

You could do a metal damage type attack that was an armor melt plus real damage at the same time.

Fireballs have splash damage, so you might be able to do acid like that.

Plaguebringers can summon a specific monster type and dimensional gates can summon anything so just copy those for you summoning monster.

I'm not sure if you can do an experience drain attack. It might be possible, but I'm not sure if it would at all or correctly at level boundaries.

Delve
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Won't the summoned creature be hostile?

I assume the sort of eq damage you're wanting is a permanent loss of armor strength or DPS, correct? I don't think that's possible, though the combination of the armormelt effect and direct damage is a decent simulation, if not nearly as onerous.

For petrification, take Shadow's idea but make the duration very long, and substitute some of the direct damage for a DoT effect. So you stand there for a few seconds looking like a statue before you fall over dead. It's cosmetic and gives the player a chance to quit out, but I think it'll be a nice effect overall. You should probably look at how the Stasis spell works and see if you can integrate that somehow, as I think it's already about 50% of what you're looking for.

Shadow
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Won't the summoned creature be hostile?

I was assuming he was talking about summoning for the monsters, but you should be able to make a new monster with a new faction that likes the player but hates monsters.

GeorgiaBoy
09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks Shadow. That is what I needed.

GB