PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike

GeorgiaBoy
09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I want to wish everybody in Texas and Louisiana the best. Hopefully, everybody has filled their gas tanks. we are feeling the effects here in Georgia. Out of the five gas stations nearby, three were completely out. Otherwise, gas rose just today from $3.39-$3.47 to $3.79-$4.02 where they still had it. I have been in several tropical systems. The effects are felt hundreds of miles inland, so watch out Dallas and Little Rock for a lot of rain (and perhaps a weak tornado or two)...

GB

Delilah Rehm
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I thought we'd have a lot more rain and wind here near Dallas. It rained some yesterday, no strong winds. Today the weather is really nice!

Galveston and Houston had it much worse, but even there I've heard people are glad it wasn't as bad as predicted. A friend of mine in Houston lost her fence and everything in her fridge (power's out), but she's glad there's no roof damage or broken windows. She knows someone else with a tree through their roof.

Delve
09-14-2008, 04:09 PM
While it was a monstrous storm in terms of size, it was still only like a cat 2 or a weak 3. So, not much staying power and not much power to begin with. Still, any hurricane can wreak havoc on the unprepared.

Fortunately, my parent's only lost their pecan tree. It fell into the neighbor's yard and only damaged the fence. Others aren't so lucky.

Delilah Rehm
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Did anyone hear that parts of Ohio are without power due to high winds from Ike? :confused: Wow.

GeorgiaBoy
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, I have many ties up there (as well as a house I had to file an insurance claim on). No power for three days. At the height of the windstorm (no rain), there were approx. 900,000 people without power. I lost two trees and a small part of the roof...

GB

P.S. Gas is lousy therer ($4.10) as well as in the Southeast ($3.99)

Skarecreau
09-17-2008, 07:04 PM
P.S. Gas is lousy therer ($4.10) as well as in the Southeast ($3.99)

I haven't seen prices that low around here in a long time! Makes me glad that I don't drive... ;)

moonlightangel89
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I hope everyone is okay and everything is better now!