PDA

View Full Version : Kivi Fidgit interview

Shadow
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Out first interview about Kivi's Underworld is now up at Fidgit (http://fidgit.com/archives/2008/09/action-rpg-kivis-underworld-to.php). It talks a bit about a typical play session, the 20 characters, secrets, and a few other things.

GaiaThanatos
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Couldn't help but smirk at TC's grief question XP

Shadow
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, he mentioned it many times in his review of Depths of Peril and there is basically an entire thread over on Quarter to Three about better names for Depths of Peril.

Logorouge
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Overall, a good interview with some interesting info on Kivi.
But when I first saw the screenshot at the top, it was like ''Ah! What's that? Oh, thank God it's not a KU screenshot.''

Shadow
09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah, definitely NOT a Kivi's Underworld screenshot. :)

LordLabyrinth
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah at first, I thought, wow kivi had guns? Then I said, no way that is DoP world. No way.

DaveyJJ
09-16-2008, 11:51 AM
That was a good interview and helped clarify a few things. Problem is, now I'm even more excited about the game. But as a father of two kids I've learned a bit about patience so will manage to hold out without flooding these forums, gushing on too much about how great this is shaping up.

Shadow
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes, because people excited about your game is a problem. :)

(name here)
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Firearms would make DoP more awesome.

GaiaThanatos
09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Firearms would make DoP more awesome.

That would need more a futuristic setting.

Also you'd need w.a.s.d. movement and mouseclick in the area you'd want to fire :P

Still, DoP graphics = the **** <3

Would be pretty cool XD

LordLabyrinth
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Although firearms would be really fun, they wouldn't fit with DoP setting. The whole game takes place many years before DoP and there were no firearms in DoP. I doubt technology has regressed over the years, although you could argue that the barbarians in DoP were aware of firearms but favored melee weapons instead. More honor to bash things in the head than shoot it from afar.

Delve
09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Although firearms would be really fun, they wouldn't fit with DoP setting. The whole game takes place many years before DoP and there were no firearms in DoP. I doubt technology has regressed over the years, although you could argue that the barbarians in DoP were aware of firearms but favored melee weapons instead. More honor to bash things in the head than shoot it from afar.

Except that leaves mages with the short end of the stick.

torikamal
09-25-2008, 12:51 AM
I can't wait. I'm really eager to see (and play) the game!