PDA

View Full Version : Companion Level Up

Thrugg
09-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Maybe just an oversight, but my trusty sidekick doesnt get the same hitpoint-refill on a level-up that I get. He keeps complaining about how unjust it is, but maybe you could help him out? =)

-Thrugg
________
Crime Insurance Forums (http://www.insurance-forums.org/crime-insurance/)

Shadow
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
You have a chatty recruit. :) I've thought about this, but if I add it without any other safeguards the enemy recruits will get this benefit also.

Pladio
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Shouldn't the AI get this as well ?

Thrugg
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd say that seems fair enough for the AI to get it also. It's not like level-ups happen all that often, but I was noticing it in the early game where they were more prevalent. I'd have to zip back to town more for my recruit than for me since I was picking up levels (and refilling) along the way, while he'd just slowly get worn down. Course he pops back up after lying down dead on the job, but it seems like a small perk for the little feller.

-Thrugg
________
Vaporgenie (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

LDiCesare
09-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I'd rather things were the same for the ai and the player too.
Btw I noticed than when I get resurrected (during raids), I come back with half my health bar while the recruits and ai come with a full bar. This discrepancy looks weird too.

Delilah Rehm
09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
If their health goes up when they level, then it could happen during raids. What do you guys think about that? I'm not sure I like that idea. :-/

Shadow
09-13-2007, 08:54 AM
There are two parts to that discrepancy actually. The player only starts with half health, but resurrects faster than the recruits do.

AnalogKid
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
If their health goes up when they level, then it could happen during raids. What do you guys think about that? I'm not sure I like that idea. :-/
This would only happen if they ever levelled during the raid. That can only happen if you let the pathetic weenies kill someone during the raid. That should never happen. :cool:

Even if it did, though, it would only happen at MOST once per badguy during the raid, and I tend to kill each one about 10 times before finally defeating the covenant, so I don't think it would be a big deal. In any case, it's only fair for them, they need all the help they can get, and I'd be in favor of it, but I won't cry if it doesn't happen.

(to dramatically improve your raiding, watch the lifebars of your followers. When any one is in danger (say, about 25%), hit the "end raid" icon. This will zap everyone home and they will heal without dying. Ergo, no XP for your target. Also, healing up seems to suck less lifestone than letting them die and resurrect. Also, it lets your spellcasters recharge Mana/Faith instead of starting to attack in melee, where they are mostly worthless. Once healed, go kick some more ass.)

LDiCesare
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
If their health goes up when they level, then it could happen during raids.
Definitely yes, let them gain a level and heal during the raid. Not that it will change much anyhow.