PDA

View Full Version : Special Powers Hotkeys

McGlu
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I found that using the arrow keys to juggle special powers and spacebar to activate a little non-intuitive. Hitting 1/2/3 seems like a better way to go about hot-keying the powers.

IMO, Spacebar seems better utilized as an in-game pause.

Shadow
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I've actually thought about doing exactly this, but the space method seems a little simpler to me since all you have to use is space.

I might add 1,2,3 as an additional method though for those that would prefer it.

MrAnderson
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
I have not play enough to make to many comments, but I did play enough to agree with Mcglu. I was expecting and almost surprised that I could not activate my slots with the 1,2,3, keys.

Also, I am not sure why, but I keep hitting the space bar expecting to pause and blowing what ever was in the "on deck" slot. I guess I just need to retrain myself, unless you add a why for me to assign that action to another key.

Shadow
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
You should be able to assign the powerup use to another key. Just go to options and then configure input.

krozman
10-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I made so many mistakes on powerups and the spacebar that I just hit the pause key and then hit whatever power ups I want to hit with my mouse button. Especially when i'm trying to get a certain amount of monsters in my range of AE spells for bonuses.