PDA

View Full Version : Kivi on Wine

RezoApio
10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi guys,

Found about you from BasilikWrangler in the Exchalon forum.
Thanks for the great game and the possibility to run under Linux. The installer works just perfect with wine.
The game looks nice. Completed the tutorial and is very pleasant. Not quite my type of game (more Eschalon guy ;-)) but still fun from that first impression.

I have the same kind of glitches that I have found in the DoP demo. I do not quite get how the pictures can only appears after some times. Is it a wine only problem ? Did some regular windows user have it also ?

I will continue to try the beta and will probably buy the game when available if I found out the display glitches are not too bothering. (It was too much for my in DoP so I have decided not to continue to try it)

Thanks again for the possibility to play under Linux.

Rezo

scragar
10-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't know what images not loading you are refering to, but with DoP I do experience a similar things from time to time with a cursor not loading, it's never anything serious, and normaly restarting the game.

I don't have any problems with the kivi demo, and I've played a fair amount of the demo so far, so I doubt it's that I just havn't readched that point.

I have a tip though, try renaming your .wine directory(should be as simple as mv ~/.wine ~/.wine_backup), and installing the demo again(wine will recreat it's directory when it can't find it, resorting to defaults for all of it's settings), if you get the same problem I'd be intrested to hear about it, just incase I can offer some help.