PDA

View Full Version : My first simple mod not working

Kestraka
10-31-2008, 06:31 PM
The .gdb file is in a database file folder. Zipped and put in Assets. A simple chest. Can't find it. What am I doing wrong?

--------------------
//added a very large, easy to spot, magenta colored chest with high item amount and lowered TrapChance - my first mod testing

MagentaChestBase
{
Type Chest

ModelName Chests/chest.mdl

Color Magenta

TrapChance 0.05
SecretLevelChance 0.04

Radius 20.0

Solid 1

TimedAction OpeningChest
}

ChestMongoCommon
{
Base ChestBase

Name "Large Chest"

ItemChance 1.0
MinItems 5
MaxItems 8
IncreasedMagicChance 600

SpawnChance 5000.0

Scale 5.00
}

Shadow
11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
First off sorry I'm so slow, I was busy releasing our other game.

You are actually defining two different types of chests here.

The first one is the magenta one, but has no chance to spawn.

The second one should spawn, but it's going to appear like other Large Chests (but should have a good spawn).

Assuming I'm understanding what you are trying to do, you need to move most of the fields out of the first entry and into the second one and then get rid of the MagentaChestBase entry. Your second chest is already using ChestBase (as it probably should), so you don't need another base entry.

Base entries are really just there to hold all of the shared fields/default values so that every other entry doesn't need to repeat them, unless it needs to use a different value of course.

Kruztee
12-09-2008, 08:53 PM
*sigh*

OK, so I like this too, and come up with a similar idea.

I want to create a chest that has the same chance to spawn as a small chest. We'll call this the "Simple Chest". It will have no chance of being trapped, and will reward 4-6 items but of relatively low quality.

So I make a file called mod_simplechest.gdb place it into a folder called "database", zip it up and place it into my assets folder of DoP.

My chests still are not spawning anywhere.
Please let me know what I'm doing wrong....

The contents of the file are as follows:

ChestSimpleCommon
{
Base ChestBase

Name $$SimpleChest$$

ItemChance 1.0
MinItems 4
MaxItems 6
IncreasedMagicChance 25
Color Green
TrapChance 0.0
SpawnChance 5000.0

Scale 0.75
}

SimpleChestMod overrides BaseArea

{
ChestSpawn ChestSimpleCommon

}

Shadow
12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, the override stuff doesn't work with parms that can have multiple lines like ChestSpawn. So to get this working, you need to modify world.gdb directly and add your new ChestSpawn line to BaseAreaForest, BaseAreaDesert, etc.

Kruztee
12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Now working as intended. Thanks Shadow.:D