PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Game Content (Age Appropriateness)

rjnharvey
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Hello all!

Saw the demo at Fileplanet and I am downloading to take a look at it.

I do have a young son who does play some games and I was wondering about game content as far as strong language and nudity or very scantily clad females. I was wondering if I one would find this in the full game? I can judge the demo shortly but I figure I am only gong to see some many of the critters/enemies in that.

Would the answer be the same for Kivi's Underworld and Depths of Peril?

Thanks!

:)

torikamal
11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't think that you will have a thing to worry about. All the language is very appropriate. The only thing you would have to consider is violence, but again I think it is appropriate in the game and if he's played any other fantasy games, then I think you will probably find this less offensive in that area.

Unless he's really young, I think you should be safe.

Delve
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
The violence is tame compared to most of what's on offer these days. Gratned that both DoP and Kivi are essentially hackNslash RPG at thier core, I would consider both palatable for my children when they get old enough to keep up. (Amusingly, my 2 yo might do better at it than my 4 yo, but neither of them would really be able to keep up with the pace of these games :) )

Shadow
11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
The retail version of Depths of Peril got a teen rating. I would assume Kivi's Underworld would get a similar rating.

I don't believe there is any strong language in either of the games and there's not any nudity anywhere. Now there is some degree of violence of course.

In both games, the demos are pretty good indicators of the age appropriate content. If the demos are ok for your children, the full games should be also.

Delilah Rehm
11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
There might be a "damn" or two in the short stories (pretty sure no more than two in all 22 short stories). I purposely did not use curse words. There are none at all in the npc dialog or quest text.

rjnharvey
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I appreciate the response gents! My son and I are playing with the demo. :)