PDA

View Full Version : final argument against Obama

RoyArtelo
11-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Do you think that Obama is going to win because the Republicans have such a bad candidate?
Why did John McCain make his final argument against Obama... coal?
That's his closing argument? William Ayers, Rev. Wright, spreading the wealth, Born Alive, meeting dictators without preconditions, etc. all have to take a back seat so that McCain can go to Colorado and New Mexico to talk about coal? Does this more or less explain why he's going to get his clock cleaned Tuesday?

Kruztee
11-08-2008, 10:50 AM
John McCain was on a hiding to nothing if for no ther reason than that he was protective of George W. Bush's increasingly unpopular policies.

If McCain were to have ever been a chance in this election, he really needed to distance himself from Bush much more than he did.

Although I am an Australian, I travel to the US very frequently, and even I sensed an overwhelming (almost desperate) hunger for change amongst the people I had dealings with. There seemed to be an almost bi-partisan agreement that policy had to change radically on a few fronts, sooner rather than later, and that's what Obama appears to be offering.

Ironically, I personally found John McCain to be one of the best Republican presidential candidates they have put forward in recent times. His personal contributions to his country are more than enough to put the current president to shame, and Bush got two full terms! One wonders how the world situation might differ from the one we see today if John McCain had been the US president over the last 8 years.

Apart from not distancing himself from the current administration, McCain also had 2 other major factors working against him, in my opinion. One was his age, and the other was a staggeringly poor choice of running mate.

Delve
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
McCain's running mate did him in for me. I couldn't condone such a phenomenally poor candidate to be second in line for the presidency. Never mind what his choice says about McCain's own decision making.