PDA

View Full Version : Quest consisting of 2 Named Monsters

Ubbax
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
So there we were, Ingvild and I, wandering across the Grasslands when I notice a Hungard the Ghost standing by a tree. I have a little chat with him and he offers up a quest;

Hungard wants revenge on those that killed him;
Barghast (Warg), & Griz (Kodiak) They are in the Black Forest.

Well the Black Forest is a bit of a nasty place but I accept the Quest offer.

Ingvild and I gate back to town to stock up on food and 1 or 2 Heal Potions.
While we're there I overhear the Warmaster has a quest. So we talk to him.

Apparently the Warmaster is none to happy about what's going on in the Black Forest;

Go kill Barghast (Warg), & Stormchaser (Styrac) They are in the Black Forest.

Since I'm headed that way for Hungard I accept the quest.

Ingvild and I head out, find and kill all the aforementioned named Monsters.
Off we go to find Hungard the Ghost and report the completion of the quest.
Hungard is quite happy and pays us for our work.

Next we head to Town and drop by the Warmaster to collect our bounty.
Well the Warmaster isn't paying up, it seems he thinks we didn't kill Barghast.
We have no choice but to Decline the quest to remove it from our log.

I think the problem (bug) is that Barghast (Warg) is a Named Monster thus you really cannot kill him twice, once for each quest.
Barghast doesn't respawn either so you're out of luck...

Ubbax
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: try to please everybody." - Herbert Bayard Swope

Delilah Rehm
09-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I've only had this problem when one of the other named guys killed the named guy I was supposed to kill.

If you want to finish the quest, you can still do it. Restart the game and the dead named guy will respawn.

Shadow
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I'll look into this, but Delilah is right. If the quest is still available, you can get it again and it should work if the game has restarted.

Ubbax
09-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you both for the reply.

After restarting the game I checked with the Warmaster and the Quest was now tagged as being completed. I was able to claim the Reward immediately with no problems.

Shadow, I was unaware that quests, once accepted & listed in the Log, you then decline and remove from your Quest Log would still be available from the giver. I imagine this doesn't apply to every Quest type since you specificly stated "If the Quest is still available.."?

Ubbax
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: try to please everybody." - Herbert Bayard Swope

Delilah Rehm
09-18-2007, 08:22 AM
One of the other covs might do it. Other than that, unless it's timed, it won't go away.

How can the consequences bite you in the butt if you can get rid of it so easily??? Have you noticed that one named monster turns into a group, starts uprisings, and then sends others in town attacks? :D

Delilah

Shadow
09-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Well if you decline a quest it will usually stay around for a while but there is no guarantee that it will. It really depends on the type of quest, what else is going on in the game, the level of the quest compared to your player level, etc.