PDA

View Full Version : typos

Roswitha
11-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Here are a few more typos. Tell your writer that a spellchecker does not protect you from the wrong word. :)

In the book Time Renewed, by Derchen:

"the rite preformed". "Preformed" means formed in advance. You want "performed".
"desire to posses the God laden statue". "Posses" is the plural of posse; as in, the sheriff needed two posses to chase two outlaws. You want "possess". And it should be "God-laden" with a dash.
"respiratory aliments". "aliment" means food. You want "ailments".
"the roll played by Erillin". "roll" is either a kind of bread or rolling down a hill. You want "role".

"After the fires subsided to heavy rains". Probably should be "due to heavy rains."
"The Brechin King, Hayden the III and the leading barbarian covenant". If Hayden IS the Brechin King, you need a comma after "the III".
"The Brechin's do not celebrate". No apostrophe in Brechins. Should it be just Brechin?
"such favor, a new race of worshipers". Should have a colon instead of a comma.

I should mention that I love your game. This sort of thing just reaches out and grabs my attention. :)

Delilah Rehm
11-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Wow! You are awesome. I bow to you.

Most of this stuff did go through my writing groups. Sometimes the brain sees what it wants instead of what's actually on the page. I'm really glad you pointed them out though, so we can fix them and have a better product.

scragar
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Can I quickly point out that:
After the fires subsided to heavy rains
is technically correct, there is nothing wrong with it grammatically, it does sound a bit wrong though.

Kruztee
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM

is techinally correct, there is nothing wrong with it gramaticly, it does sound a bit wrong though.

The irony cuts to the bone.:p

scragar
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
The irony cuts to the bone.:p

Hey, my grammar is, more often than not, spot on, I never claimed I could spell. I still need a spell check for that sort of thing. :P

Delilah Rehm
12-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I've never been a good speller. I've gotten much better over the years, but sometimes... I mean hey! Viscious looks right to me, and Word agrees. I'm sure glad someone was willing to tell me how wrong I was. Imagine if I spelled it wrong forever!!! One day (hopefully in 2009) when I get an agent and a publisher, I will also get a good copy editor who will keep me in line. :D

Roswitha
12-01-2008, 12:47 PM

After the fires subsided to heavy rains

is technically correct, there is nothing wrong with it grammatically, it does sound a bit wrong though.

That would be why I said "probably". :) "Due to" doesn't have to be there, but it does make the sentence flow a little better.

Roswitha
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow! You are awesome. I bow to you.

Most of this stuff did go through my writing groups. Sometimes the brain sees what it wants instead of what's actually on the page. I'm really glad you pointed them out though, so we can fix them and have a better product.

I'm glad you don't mind me doing this. :)

By the way, there are occasional typos in the NPCs' conversation. Do you want me to report those too?

Delilah Rehm
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm glad you don't mind me doing this. :)

By the way, there are occasional typos in the NPCs' conversation. Do you want me to report those too?

That'd be great, actually. I'm afraid with all of the major writing for Depths of Peril, the dialog got the short end of the stick in regard to polishing.