PDA

View Full Version : Skill List

Stormrend
11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Love the game!

I searched the website & forum and couldn't find a list of the various class skills and the effects of levelling them up.

A few days ago, I read a post that I can't find again which said you can get this from looking at a data file.... Does anyone know if there is a more convenient/user friendly list somewhere "out there"?

Thanks!

Shadow
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Currently I don't know of any. There are a few threads back from the first demo days that are probably still pretty accurate.

The files that the post refers to are Database/skillTrees.gdb and Database/skills.gdb. These files will either be in assets003.zip (if it has been patched) or assets001.zip (if they haven't been changed since release).

The system is pretty simple though. Most of the time each skill point gives the same bonus. Even in the cases that this is not true, once you have 1 point into a skill you have all of the information for the rest of the skill levels. Sometimes the first skill point is a little different, but each skill point after that will give the same bonus. If there is a max, the skill text will mention that.

You can also always buy back your skill points if you ultimately don't like a skill.

Stormrend
12-26-2008, 11:01 AM
... You can also always buy back your skill points if you ultimately don't like a skill.

Great - thanks, Shadow. So how do you buy back skill points?! :)

chai
12-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Great - thanks, Shadow. So how do you buy back skill points?! :)

Just click the - instead of + next to skill :)