PDA

View Full Version : is it possible?

cjans
12-01-2008, 05:41 AM
can sum1 tell me if its possible to like make ur own character kind of thing so u choose what skills it has so it can teleport, go stealth, use whirlwind etc
oh and another thing, is there a way to move ur recruits where u want so u can make a formation lol?

p.s under my name (cjans) it says amateur, what determines that?

Shadow
12-01-2008, 09:47 AM
There isn't a way in game to customize a character's skills, but you can create a mod that does that.

There is no way to setup a formation.

The amateur thing under your name in the forums is based on number of posts. Once you have more posts it will change to things like expert, champion, etc.

cjans
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
cool, how do i create a mod that does it.
i've never modded/done this kind of stuff before so i'm below a beginner lol

Shadow
12-02-2008, 05:41 PM
In general, read this post (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1038) and the threads it points to and download/read the SDK (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Mods.html) to figure out how to do things.

More specifically you want to change the stuff in Database/skillTrees.gdb. Pick one of the classes that you don't mind changing and change its skill trees to have whatever skills you want.

cjans
12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
OK I'm giving up, I've tried everything except the override coz i don't understand all this directory structure stuff and i don't have version 1.010 i got 1.012 from stupid arcade town:mad:
so i guess I'm just gonna wait for an online version if there's going to be one
can you tell me if there's going to be one so i don't waste my time waiting?

Shadow
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Version 1.012 contains everything that version 1.010 does so you should have everything you need for the override stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean by an online version, since I would consider our version an online version. If you mean a version that works directly in a browser, that's not likely to happen any time soon, if ever.