PDA

View Full Version : Alt-Tab issue

Obelix
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Relatively new to Kivi since I just downloaded it today and haven't played it much yet. I ran into an issue almost right away when I paused the tutorial to alt-tab out to answer an IM. once I came back, all the quest windows and other text screens were blank. even the escape/game menu was blank. I had to use alt-F4 to close the program. I had noticed similar issues in Depths where it messes with text areas and item images. Is this something that is just a factor of the underlying game engine and can't be fixed, or is it something you can adjust/fix? I tend to have my gaming sessions interrupted briefly by other things and being able to pause the game, go take care of something, then come back and continue. Having a problem like this makes it really hard to complete areas and levels. Any help?

Thanks for what looks to be a cool game...

Kruztee
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I have some alt-tab issues with both Kivi and Depths as well.

Specifically, my problem is that after alt-tabbing back to the game, my display is stretched over my display horizontally, such that only about 1/2 of the screen's width is displayed on my monitor, although the vertical scaling seems unaffected.

I reported this to Shadow (with screenshot, I think), but both games still have this bug from time to time. I can replicate this on both my WinXP PC at 1024x768 and my Vista PC at 1440x900. Wierd.

Anyway, I guess that this was just a long winded way to confirm that both games don't really seem to like alt-tab all that much, occasionally, for me as well.

Could I suggest running in a window? Performance-wise it's not too bad for me, and there are never any errors when re-selecting the game's window as opposed to alt-tab.

Shadow
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Strange. Alt-tab works great for me here on both games. I need it to alt-tab and work well in a window to debug and develop easier in general. I'll take a look at it and see if I can find anything wrong though.

torikamal
12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Obelix and Krustee, what are your video cards? I currently have no problems with DoP or Kivi Alt-Tabbing (though I do encounter that problem with games like Fallout 3, and Mass Effect).

I have an 8800GTX (my bachelor's present to myself since I knew I wouldn't be getting anything that cool once I got married)

I of course don't mean to insult your intelligence, but have you updated to the latest video drivers on your video cards? Peace brothas.

Kruztee
12-05-2008, 12:11 AM
My desktop PC has an GeForce 7800GS. A bit of a niche card that I bought a couple of years ago because my old MB has no PCI-e slot. It's probably the best AGP option available. The drivers have been updated very recently to attempt to solve issues with Fallout 3 and the alt-tab issue that I have with that game just like you. I'm not at home at the moment, so I don't have the version number handy, but it was the official Nvidia drivers that were current about 10 days ago.

The laptop uses a GeForce Go 7600 chipset. The drivers are current as of 27/02/2007, and when attempting to update them I am told that the drivers are the most current available. I guess that Nvidia doesn't update drivers for notebook cards very often...

torikamal
12-06-2008, 12:22 AM
What sound card do you guys have? I have a super old-school Audigy Platinum.