PDA

View Full Version : Just took some super damage to both my char and lifestone??!!

Corvus Corax
09-19-2007, 12:57 AM
This is somewhat vague, but here's what happened. I was involved in a item-collection quest and both my priest and my npc companion were buffed at the time (I think the beastmaster put the buffs on when I visited her just prior to going on the quest). In any case, I stumbled on a boss-type (the ones with the circle of magic going around them). He attacked, I responded....and I took a multiple succession of hits. My npc was killed and I was barely able to teleport my priest out. My priest was barely alive, but, more importantly, my lifestone was also down from full to only 5%. Whatever hit me happened really fast. I just saw line of those yellow prompts indicating damage start at the top of the screen and go right to the bottom. Does anyone know what I got hit with? Thanks.

LDiCesare
09-19-2007, 07:32 AM
If you had a fire shield on, check the bugs thread, "Death by Shankar". It's likely your npc was killed repeatedly and that damages your lifestone.

Shadow
09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, LDiCesare is probably correct. I fixed one of these bugs in 1.001 and hopefully have fixed the last one in 1.002. Do you happen to remember what buffs your recruit had on and what monster you were fighting?

Corvus Corax
09-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, I have no idea what the buff was. It consisted of swirling yellows triangles or quadrangles, however. Don't know if this indicates a specific buff or not. I haven't really paid much attention to npc-applied buffs thus far.

Yes, I read about the bug that DiCesare mentioned and it's very likely I was killed and resurrected numerous times. This would certainly explain the lifestone damage.

I haven't applied the beta patch yet, so I'm still running with v. 1.0. I haven't had any game-killing problems, so I just haven't bothered to apply the update. Maybe I'd better do that just to keep current.

Corvus Corax
09-20-2007, 06:04 AM
The buff was fire shield.

Shadow
09-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Good, in that case this should be fixed in version 1.001 and 1.002.