PDA

View Full Version : Modding Chars

Synel
12-14-2008, 05:11 AM
I'm trying to create a char that has most of the passive skills and some magic (using mage class as the base.) I'm pretty much finished as I've made a char with several passive rogue and warrior skills (replaced most of the fire and ice/magic skill tree). The only thing I'm having trouble with is that I want the mage to be able to use a sword as well, and although I've gotten the skill tree tabs to work, as well as having the char equip the weapon, I can't figure out the animation aspect of the mod. Any advice?

He basically runs up to the monster and stands there while red numbers flash above the monsters head, no swinging of the sword. Although there is a sound effect.

Shadow
12-15-2008, 11:52 AM
You are going to need to modify the file Models/playerMage.mdl

Add the following lines between the walk and attackTwoHand little sections and I believe it should work.

attackOneHand meleeTwohanded01.mda matchAttackSpeed
{
server
{
12 attackMarker
}
}

attackOneHand meleeTwohanded02.mda matchAttackSpeed
{
server
{
13 attackMarker
}
}

It really doesn't matter where you put this as long as the { } stuff is correct and you are in the animations section though.

This might look a little strange because the animations are for a staff not for a sword.

Synel
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Worked great. Thx

Bonzi129
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
how do u make it so when i go to make char, Lets say i click warrior it dosent say warrior it says wat i modded it to and if u can tell me that,how do i modify what it wear's like a rogue wearing Plate or somthing like that or a mage using a two handed sword.

Shadow
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
You would want to modify the files Database/classes.gdb, Database/skills.gdb, and Database/skillTrees.gdb depending on what you are trying to exactly. All of these files are probably in Assets/assets003.zip (if not they are in assets001.zip).

adeo8
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I feel bad for shadow, cant u read whats is already said??

Magnusaak
02-02-2010, 03:51 AM
The only thing I'm having trouble with is that I want the mage to be able to use a sword as well, and although I've gotten the skill tree tabs to work, as well as having the char equip the weapon,

I'm trying something similar, but I have been unable to get the skill tree tabs to work

I have add in skillTrees.gdb
Skill SkillBasicSwordBoth
to the SkillTreeBasicRogueSkills

and in classes.gdb
ItemRequirement WeaponSwordTwoHanded
to the ClassRogueBase

but it doesn't work, my rogue can't wear twohanded sword

//edit: most propably I accidentaly rared that instead of zipped, it's working now
I also figured out how to add animations to the rogue thanks to this guide

Shadow
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Glad you got it working.

Glabrezu
04-24-2010, 05:55 AM
ive got a quick query
if i edited the starting stats for the classes, would npc's/enemy guilds use the edited stats as well?
so if i was to add 10 to all stats, would the npc's also get an extra 10 to each stat?
also, is there anyway to give your characters/npc's natural health regeneration?

Shadow
04-26-2010, 02:17 PM
if i edited the starting stats for the classes, would npc's/enemy guilds use the edited stats as well?

I believe so, but I'm not completely positive.

also, is there anyway to give your characters/npc's natural health regeneration?

One way would be to add HealthRegenPerSpr 1.0 to ClassWarrior, ClassRogue, ClassPriest, and ClassMage in classes.gdb.

Glabrezu
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
thanks Shadow for the info, i think editing the starting stats does change the npc's/enemy guild members, i enabled all the weapons and armour for all the classes and the enemy guild/np'c were using the extra armor types
ill try the regen later