PDA

View Full Version : New Game Balance Mod

Dethspet
12-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've just started modding this game recently and decided that I would share what I have done so far...

My mod (which has the temporary name "Rogue Mod" since it currently focuses on the Rogue character) has the following attributes:

- Daggers can be wielded in the off-hand as well as main.
- Only rogues can use daggers (and subsequently have two weapons)
- Increased xp gain from enemies.
- Balanced some rogue skills (added max skill levels)
- Major changes to Slice (I kinda relate it to Sinister Strike from WoW), Dodge, Evasion, Deflection.
- Added two new skills to rogue: Vanish & Sword Mastery
- Changed the bonuses for some of the Sets (to make them more worth collecting)
- Changed minimum starting value for competing covenants to 0 (for those who just want to run around and level and not worry about dealing with other covenants).
- Changed some minor UI stuff (like the rogue's power bar color)

I plan to continue work on this mod in my free time, till I pretty much get bored of it :).

Side Notes:
- I am not a modeler so I couldn't get the game to draw the off-hand weapon (if anyone wants to do this, go right ahead).
- Also, I don't know how to get the attack animation to work with two weapons (again not a modeler, and it doesn't matter since slice is used very often now).
- The last edition this was used for was 1.009.
- I am not 100% on whether or not the Dagger Mastery skill works with the dagger in the off-hand, it seems like it should and I have no reason to believe it doesn't, but still....

For those who don't know, simply put the zip file into your "Depths of Peril/Assets" folder...

EDIT: I just updated to 1.013, I will update the mod and post a new version ASAP...

One quick question:
How do I get descriptions to work properly? I tried editing global.trn but it seems like even a slight change messes things up...changing the help text for the secondary hand slot to: HandSecondaryItemSlot "EMPTY - put shields here (warriors and priests only) or daggers (rogue only)"
messes things up...

Dethspet
12-18-2008, 04:27 PM
So the previous version of my mod was for v1.009 (at least that was the version I made it with). I have now fixed it up for v1.013. I haven't fully tested it yet so if anyone has any problems with it, let me know...

Shadow
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
For the localization stuff, make sure you are changing the version from assets003.zip and make very sure the quotes stuff is correct. Get an extra " or leave one out and the parser gets very confused.

adeo8
01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
It is not worth it :(

adeo8
01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
can you make one for warrior?