PDA

View Full Version : Website changes

Shadow
12-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I have been revamping our website a bit today. I think it looks better than it did, but what do you think? What do you like or dislike about our site? Are we missing anything?

The main things I changed are that the outer background is now black instead of blue, the rss buttons are on the left, I removed some of the outline lines, all of the stuff on the right has been cleaned up and decluttered a bit, and the Soldak logo is now centered. Here's a screenshot (http://www.soldak.com/images/stories/blogs/Steven/websiteOld.jpg) of the old design.

I do want to keep the site fairly simple, have a clean look, load pretty quick, and also be easy to use though so keep that in mind.

Kruztee
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
The only thing that looks a bit odd to me are the buttons. Aren't thay supposed to have the gold border extending all the way around? Perhaps it's just my display but I'll attatch a screen shot so that you can see what I mean.

Shadow
12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
If you are using IE 6 then I know about that. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix that for IE 6 and not break all of the other browsers.

Kruztee
12-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Yes, I am using IE6 on that computer.

torikamal
12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I do like the new black border better.

icekrystal10
12-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I like the website, very easy to find information, very easy on the eyes with the black background.