PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

scragar
12-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Well, it's now after midnight, so for me it's technically Christmas day, so it's only fair for me to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Shadow
12-29-2008, 02:41 PM
I hope everyone had or is having a good holiday and has a great new year!

Kruztee
12-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I hope everyone had or is having a good holiday and has a great new year!

It's interesting to me as an Australian that travels regularly to the States that nobody wishes you a "Merry Christmas" anymore. Is it politically incorrect to do so these days? As an athiest, Christmas has no spritual significance to me at all, but I enjoy it immensely nonetheless. For me, it is a time for the family to get together and enjoy some well deserved down time together, as well as catch up with friends and relatives that I don't often see. I still cook up all the traditional Christmas foods and give and recieve gifts; it's definately something that I look forward to every year.

Maybe I should start wishing people "Happy Holidays" instead of a "Merry Christmas" too...

Whatever Christmas/New Year period means to you all, I hope that the days bring you and your loved ones happiness, peace and joy. All the very best for a wonderful and productive 2009!

Shadow
01-01-2009, 12:23 AM
In the US it is kind of political incorrect these days, but that's not why some of us have changed over to saying happy holidays. :) It's just easier to say happy holidays then saying merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy new year, etc.