PDA

View Full Version : DepthsOfPeril has encountered a problem and needs to close

Loojo
12-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I have been playing for a couple of months without incident.
Yesterday I played in morning; then when clicked on in the afternoon I recieved this windows message message: DepthsOfPeril has encountered a problem and needs to close.
If I try to run game from the start up menu rather than the icon I get Couldn't find Datatbase dbl.
I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times. I have also tried the patches.
If I try to repair - it runs almost to the end and then asks me to load in the disc already in the player.
I have been all the way through the forum threads and cannot find an answer!
I am obviously using a retail version rather than a download.

(name here)
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a DRM problem. I think that there's some way of fiddling with the CD drive settings to make it recognize the disks properly.

Shadow
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Loojo and I are talking through email btw, so I'm not ignoring this post.

mr.e
02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
my problem is almost the same. it also says that windows encontered an error something..., send/don't send, then closes. i just downloaded this game recently and only using a demo for now. it happens when i try to select the "play game" and i already have a saved game. when i reinstall it, erasing the saved game, i can play it nicely again but then the same problem happens when i try to resume it or select play game with a saved file. i liked the game but i dont want to play frm the start everytime. please fix it immediately and tell me what to do with it. i'm getting really bored.

if you'd like me to send a printscreen or something, i'd b glad to help. i just to play it asap. I really liked this game. diablo but with some covenant twists.:-D

Shadow
02-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Sorry I missed this post somehow.

It sounds like it's just not allowed to save for some reason. Are you low on hard drive space or running under a user that doesn't have permissions to write to the directory where the game is installed?

When you save/exit do some files for your character show up in the User/chars directory and are they bigger than 0KB?