PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek #21: Jewel the Cyclops

Delilah Rehm
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Fantastical Creature Reality Show Contestant Sneak Peek #21: Jewel the Cyclops

Purple streaks run through brown hair worn in a ponytail. Jewelís one wide eye crosses her face almost coving the distance of two normal eyes. Her oval face leaves enough room for both eye and forehead in an aesthetic arrangement. At 12í2" Jewel is the tallest contestant applying for the show.

Interviewer: Jewel, your height is impressive. Do you think it will aid you on the island?

Jewel: I can think of ways that it will. I can cover vast distances quickly just by walking.

Interviewer: Someone of your size can probably lift a lot of weight too. Do you think your strength will make you a target for the other contestants to want you gone?

Jewel: Iíve never understood the point of kicking off the stronger players. They provide the food and shelter. They help your team win the challenges. Once theyíre gone, your team will lose and youíre next to go home. Iím hoping my tribe will understand the obvious.

Interviewer: Speaking of food. How much do you need each day, and how are you going to sustain yourself on the island?

Jewel: I eat a decent amount, three or four pigs maybe. Sometimes a cow. I can live on deer and wild boar on the island. Iím not a bad boulder thrower, even if I donít much care for flat food.

Interviewer: Deer pancakes! Is there any competitions you dread or think youíll have trouble with?

Jewel: I can think of a few I wouldnít be good at like floating, catching bugs, or anything needing good depth perception.

Interviewer: I would love to see you on the show, Jewel, but why should the viewers send you to the island?

Jewel: Iíve got massive abilities to bring to the competitions, and Iíll be fun to watch!