PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Maps

ShArch
01-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Greetings, all. I have a question I'm hoping others can help me with. I'm currently running DoP v1.012, using a lvl 36-ish priest as my main character. I've flipped my worlds several times, and in the last two worlds, I've picked up six Treasure Maps that I cannot use. When I click on them, they tell me that I must wait until the next "difficulty level" before I can open them. The first such message I got was two worlds and about three character levels ago. I've bumped the monster strength and opposing covenant strength levels for my latest world; I've finished the milk-run story line string of quests. I still cannot open those blasted Maps. What "Difficulty Level" are those Maps talking about?

Thanks for any help!

Draal
01-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Adventurous, Legendary, etc. on the right hand side of the screen when you create the world.

ShArch
01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
But I bumped that one already. Do I need to go up another one?

Shadow
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
It is possible you might need to go back to the previous difficulty. The message basically means that the game can't place the treasure in a suitable level based on the level of the treasure map.

ShArch
01-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Ah! I got it! I bumped the world difficulty and got all six Maps, plus another I found lying around somewhere. :) Increasing the difficulty is a good news/bad news situation - bad, because day-um, the critters got a lot harder! Good, because the game just got fun again. :D

Thanks for a great game, Steve!

Kruztee
01-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I love finding treasure maps.

I think that they are my favourite quest type :)