PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster not in kidnap lair

Quitch
09-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I received a quest saying the Warmaster had been kidnapped by Dreadlord or something... a giant skeleton. Anyway, it doesn't say to kill Dreadlord, but rather to rescue the Warmaster. However, he's no where to be found in the dungeon.

Would I be right in thinking you actually only need to kill the boss, then that returns the Warmaster to town? I think the description of this quest needs clearing up.

Shadow
09-21-2007, 08:17 PM
It should be very similar to a rescue quest. You need to find the warmaster and click on him to rescue him. It is possible that the skeleton wandered away or that the warmaster was killed though.

Quitch
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Never found him, he was back in town and I wandered around the dungeon for another 10 minutes after killing Dreadlord.

LDiCesare
09-23-2007, 02:55 PM
When I have to rescue warmaster and such, I usually kill the kidnapper, go back to town, find the warmaster, and click him, click rescue, and get the quest done. It's silly that he's back in town rather than in the lair when I click rescue. Maybe it's because he died, but that's still silly. If he died, the quest should be failed.

BAWZ
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
When I can't find the mission objective, be it an object, monster or dude, I usually leave a gate, save and reload the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing so makes the engine respawn all things in the maps. I always find chests in different positions, I've seen a "buried treasure" dot on the map change location, or unique monsters appearing in different areas. As Shadow mentioned, there is a problem with spawning after playing for an extended period of time. Could this problem be related to that (or spawning in general)?

AnalogKid
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
This might be related, so I'm adding it here instead of creating a new thread...

I got a quest to rescue no-one. As in, an empty variable for the target of the rescue. I ran across the unique that was supposedly the bad guy and killed him, but there wasn't anyone around. It's a bit different than the rest of this thread because even the quest script doesn't have any reference to who should be rescued.

The town was under siege at the time, and lots of folks were dying, so it may be related to someone dying just as the quest was generated or something, I don't know. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the quest:

EDIT: OK, as you can see, the screenshot didn't work out. I looked and it's that way in my screenshots directory as well, so I guess this is now 2 bugs, adding one about screenshots being all black! The screenshot would have shown text like: "unique dude kidnapped . Kill unique dude and rescue ."