PDA

View Full Version : Ghost quests and missing monsters

Bak
01-12-2009, 04:23 AM
I have run across a few ghosts out in the fields that give a "kill the (unique) monster" sort of quest. Sometimes it is a monster that the Warmaster wants dead, which works out fine fine.

But more often, it is a new unique that the Warmaster doesn't have as a quest. Regardless of where I look, it isn't in the area listed for the quest. This has happened enough times (with different characters) that I am certain I just didn't overlook some spot.

Shadow
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll look at it.

Bak
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Don't know if it is related, but when a random NPC shows up in town and wants someone dead (let's pretend it is Fryse) at the same time as the Warmaster, the NPC usually gives a wrong location. I follow the Warmaster directions, kill Fryse, and still get credit for both quests.

Silent_Tales
01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah.. if you kill in advance you will get credits in the future..
regarding the missing monsters, maybe the monster is a Zombie Type or Worm Type? If so, its damn hard to find them 'coz they are hiding underground and you need to stand where they are buried for you to see them..

Bak
01-16-2009, 07:56 PM
If so, its damn hard to find them 'coz they are hiding underground and you need to stand where they are buried for you to see them..

I've been holding down the "ctrl" key, which pops up the boxes with the creature type on the screen (including uniques, and buried).

Of course, since I posted this, I have managed to find every ghost quest creature so far. :p If I get stumped by a missing creature again, and am not in danger of dying (not good to experiment on hardcore), I'll try resetting the "fog of war" and go over the grid again.

Bak
02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
The situation came up again, so I tried to be a bit more methodical.
Dorfinngegardo showed up in town, asked to avenge her sister by smiting Frozentouch (ice elemental) at Thunder Plains.

Went there, did not find quest beastie.
(Happened to run into a ghost quest in T.P. Found that monster almost immediately.)
Went to the map, reset the fog of war, and made sure I went over every space in Thunder Plains.
I thought, maybe it is one area off, so I checked the 3 areas that are connected to T.P. by resetting the fog of war. No luck.