PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Delilah Rehm

Delilah Rehm
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Episode 2 is the Interview with Fantastical Creature Reality Show Creator: Delilah Rehm

Interviewer: Where did you get the idea for this show?

Delilah Rehm: It happened at one of my writers group meetings. I was listening to the other members mention the latest vampire blockbuster movie followed by discussing the mechanics of how vampires work, and the idea smacked me out of nowhere.

Interviewer: Is this like the stories you normally write?

Delilah Rehm: Actually no, which I think is odd. My stories, whether fantasy or science fiction, are more action adventure with a smidge of darkness. I don’t write comedy because it isn’t my passion. Yet I love this show and it’s about the funny!

Interviewer: Which contestant are you rooting for?

Delilah Rehm: I like many of the contestants. It’s going to be hard for me to watch them go each week! I enjoy watching them do surprising or interesting things. The viewers made an excellent selection for the cast. I liked watching Kailen work some shapeshifting, Amber sitting on her butt, and Jewel dominating the woodpile building. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Interviewer: Why should people watch your show instead of some other reality show?

Delilah Rehm: If being the only reality show with fantastical creatures isn’t enough of a lure, consider the interactive element. Fantastical Creatures will be packed full of opportunities for the fans to have a say in what is happening. Just look at how we began the season. Viewers voted who they actually wanted on the show! When have you seen that before on a reality show?

Interviewer: What would you say to the critics out there claiming the whole thing is fixed by the producers?

Delilah Rehm: That’s ridiculous! There will be no sequestering of the losers where their thoughts and votes can easily be manipulated. The winner of Fantastical Creatures will be voted on by the viewers.

Interviewer: This looks like it will be a lot of work for you. How can you afford such a massive undertaking a show like this requires?

Delilah Rehm: The same way as everyone else I suspect. We have a great sponsor.

Interviewer: Who is your sponsor?

Delilah Rehm: Soldak Entertainment. They are a good fit for the show with funny, unique ads. Honestly, I wouldn’t have made this show if I didn’t like the sponsor’s products, but the computer games Depths of Peril and Kivi’s Underworld are both great fun.

Interviewer: Anything else we might want to know about the show?

Delilah Rehm: Yes. Episode 1 (http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Delilah/Episode-1-Shake-and-Snake.html) aired yesterday. Tune in right here at www.delilahrehm.com (http://www.delilahrehm.com) for the next episode!