PDA

View Full Version : Kivi networking update 2

Shadow
01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I have been able to get some more networking work done, not as much as I would like to though. For the most part all of the gameplay actually works now with multiple players. Killing things, damage numbers, messages, solving quests, chatting, and completing the adventures all works fine.

I've even fixed all of the weird stuff like teleporting back to the beginning when a new person logs in, your chat messages repeating what the server guy just said, and the server guy getting all of the damage numbers. All of these are symptoms of assuming only 1 player. :(

There is still some hardcoded stuff, the game doesn't handle dropped packets, and it still sends full packets that can flood even your local network right now. :) I'll get to all of that soon.

On another note, I'm making Kivi completely co-op. It doesn't matter who picks up gems or gold, who gets the kill, or who picks up the quest items. All of the players get credit for things like this. It does matter who picks up things like powerups though.

icekrystal10
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Can't wait! I definitely like how you will handle drops, kills, and powerups.

Silent_Tales
01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh.. A multiplayer Kivi. Is it LAN or online?

Shadow
01-24-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm working on LAN stuff first. Then we will see about online. I would prefer full online support but there will be at minimum a direct ip connect feature.