PDA

View Full Version : NP Warrior "0" plate skill that works??

Corvus Corax
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Two members of my covenant are warriors with the plate armor skill. The skill shows as "0" in both cases with the notation "Don't have this Skill" (in red letters). Despite this notation, the two warriors in question can equip plate armor and their armor rating goes up considerably when it's equipped. Am I missing something here...or is there simply a mistake in the notation?

I've also noticed this "0" skill with regard to other skills. I'd assumed that the skills indicated future potential and that the npc's in question didn't have them yet (but would get the skill after some future level increase). After noticing this issue with the plate armor skill, however, I'm not so sure any more.

Shadow
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Well 0 means that the recruit has no levels in that skill yet. So they shouldn't be able to equip plate mail in this case.

Corvus Corax
09-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Here's all the details, I have:

The covenant member is Berg (16th lvl warrior)

His info shows "0" for plate. If I put my mouse pointer on the plate skill space (which has no yellow border, unlike his other skills spaces), I get the following info window:

Plate Armor

Allows the wearing of plate armor

Passive skill (in blue)

Don't have this skill (in red)

At next skill level (1)

Max skill level: 1

Cost for next point: 15 (in red)

I've got Berg equipped with a Spry light plate chestpiece of belief (41 armor, +4 spirit, +4 defense)

Requires 34 strength (Berg has 69) and requires armor skill: plate.

If he's unequipped, he has 67 armor and 210 defense. When I equip him, he has 101 armor and 214 defense.

Even though, Berg's info shows "0" points in plate (and no yellow border), he's able to equip plate, i.e., the plate armor goes into place and there's a green border around the space.

So either he has the skill, but his info is not updating to show it, or, for some reason, he's able to equip without the skill.

Berg's other skills are: Power Strike 6, Block 3, and Crushing Blow 3. He's leveled up a couple of times since I recruited him, but I didn't notice if his other skills changed.

This issue is not unique to Berg. I've got a 17th level covenant-member warrior who also has "0" plate skill. I can equip him with either Berg's plate armor or the plate armor that my character is wearing.

I'm wondering how skill points are allocated to covenant members. Berg is level 16, so he should have earned enough skill points to get plate. Are the skill points assigned randomly? I don't recall that I've seen any "0" point skill of a covenant member actually change, indicating the covenant member has acquired the new skill.

Oh yeah, I'm playing v. 1.002

Shadow
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM
It sounds like it is broken, I'll look at it.

Usually recruits will go for the cheapest skill each time. Right now the only exceptions are mail and plate skills which they will go for a little earlier.

Corvus Corax
09-25-2007, 09:42 PM
It sounds like it is broken, I'll look at it.

Usually recruits will go for the cheapest skill each time. Right now the only exceptions are mail and plate skills which they will go for a little earlier.

If you do make changes, please try not to screw me up. I've currently got a L21, L18, and L17 warrior, all of whom use plate. If they suddenly lose the plate skill....well, that wouldn't be good. Granted, I replace warriors with higher-level warrior recruits as they become available, so, over the long haul, maybe it won't make much difference.

It seems to me that the four skills that each recruit comes with should all have at least 1 point. It doesn't make sense to me that they'll frequently have a 0 point skill....and, in the case of plate, it's alway a 0 point skill.

Corvus Corax
09-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Just had a L23 warrior add 1 point to plate when he last leveled up.

Shadow
10-12-2007, 12:54 PM
This is fixed in version 1.003.

Asmodean
10-12-2007, 09:14 PM
This is fixed in version 1.003.

Glad to hear that 1.003 is in the works - can't wait for patch notes!

Corvus Corax
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
My npc warriors are all in the low '30's now and all that come with plate usually have a point in it by the time I recruit them. The issue seems to be low-level warriors with "0" plate skill. They shouldn't have the skill till they level up enough to put a point in it. I still don't know if npc's can use other 0-point skills as they do plate. If so, then the plate 0-point skill is just one aspect of a greater problem. Glad to hear it's fixed and am looking forward to 1.003. :)

Shadow
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Priest recruits with the mail skill should have had the same problem, but other than that I don't think any other skills would have this problem.