PDA

View Full Version : Any Guide On A Priest?

Silent_Tales
01-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Asking help for a build for a priest. Very bored in my house and decided to play again. Can you give some tips? Also, can you say the requirements for the strongest club you have seen and toughest shield, mail armor and mail clothes so I can plan my required strength stat for the future.

scragar
01-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Build your character for what you want, trying to match what we say are the highest stats for items won't help you if you don't get them.
(I do have a couple of rather cheating mods(what can I say, I was curious as to how the game would do with large leveling, and asides from a fraction of a second pause when you gain 20+ levels it's fine :p) I could use to find out quickly though, rapidLevel and ultraRare - quick level to top level, start a game, see what the shops sell, or I can find in the last area...)

As for a priest, recruit a warrior of some kind to act as a meat shield, and also as a target for buffs/healing, which the priest excells at.

Silent_Tales
01-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Well, actually I'm already experienced playing a Rogue and a Warrior up until level 100 so I'm a 'veteran' at playing this game.
I also experienced playing a priest (long range holy bolt type) up until level 45. Specifically, I'm asking build for a melee priest. My current melee priest level 10, has a rogue for a killer but she cannot kill even the weak low level monsters alone. She will take about 1min or two. Any tips on improving her? Currently she has 50 vit, Full Str build, I ignored dex. for the reason I will rely on items and the passive skill to boost attack. I have points in Hardening, mail armor, and greater heal and zeal. Even with these plus a unique club + unique shield, I can't seem to beat monsters quickly.

Bak
01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
It is outdated, but I still like to check AnalogKid's Demo Guide to Priests (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71).

I'm guessing you are (deliberately) avoiding Holy Bolt? I was going to stick with that, until I started finding weapons with comparable DPS.

You mentioned avoiding DEX. Do you have other items to boost up your Attack, or are you whiffing up a storm?

Silent_Tales
01-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Well, I TOTALLY skipped holy bolt and NEVER added points in dexterity because I will add points on the passive skill which adds your attack by a few percent. Also, I will rely on my items and artifacts to boost Dex. Yeah, I follow a tips from his guide too. Using a pure STR and PURE VIT priest, I hope it turns out into a Moving Tank Killer with massive Hitpoints..

Nero
01-31-2009, 03:50 AM
Preists are not good for DMG, they're only good for their buffs and heals, and only heal 1 is any good. Gather alot of minions then get your Heal 1 up really high and just sit back and heal/buff when needed.

Silent_Tales
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, that's why I have my Rogue for. I just want to experiment a little Hehe.. Anyways, I have leveled up a little now, hope it turns up well :p