PDA

View Full Version : Slower Combat!

Aeon221
09-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Things die really bloody fast -- including me!

How about bumping up the armor on everything, and keeping the damage the same. That way I've got more time to think about teh pwning, and it's less of, well, this:

Portal in
Fireball Fireball
Portal out
Heal
Repeat ad nauseum.

LDiCesare
09-26-2007, 04:06 AM
I don't think combat is too fast. Fight lower level monsters and level up a bit or use other skills. Also, fireball is an area of effect spell, whose damage is very low compared to single target spells. I only use it when either an opponent is almost dead because of the low caasting time or when raiding because of the area of effect, but it's almost always worthless in the wild if compared to more targeted spells.

Aeon221
09-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I've got my own reasons for using fireball (a combination of ice storm, rogue with dazzle, and my preference for running around willy nilly gathering as many bad guys as possible before engaging in the slaughter).

The fact that I'm not optimized for single target combat doesn't change the fact that fights still end too fast -- either with my flight or the death of the enemy. I'd get more joy out of spending some more time on each enemy, rather than just grinding through the horde.

LDiCesare
09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Fight lengths are fine as they are for me.