PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

Shadow
02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Ok, I kind of am liking this Twitter thing so I decided to make an account for myself. It matches my style a bit more than the blog actually. I'm doing taxes today and it sucks makes for a good twitter, but not a blog post. Hopefully this means you will hear from me a bit more, sometimes in short thoughts on twitter and sometimes in longer posts on the blog/forums.

Anyways, here's all of Soldak's twitter accounts: official Soldak Twitter (http://twitter.com/Soldak), Steven Peeler's Twitter (http://twitter.com/StevenPeeler), and Delilah Rehm's Twitter (http://twitter.com/Del9lah).

Delilah Rehm
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Twitter has become one of my favorite places to gang out online. :-)

Silent_Tales
02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
I also heard about this site.. Is it like MySpace or is it like a blogger community?

scragar
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I also heard about this site.. Is it like MySpace or is it like a blogger community?

It's microblogging, not full sized blog posts, but small little things, the idea being to keep everyone up to date with what you are doing all the time. I got annoyed with it, 140 characters isn't enough for anything.

Above paragraph = 218 characters BTW, so there's a nice reference point for how annoying it can be to write something to fit.

Shadow
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
It kind of reminds me of something between micro-blogging, texting on your phone, and a public ICQ or IRC.

scragar
02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't txt very much(or read many txts I receive), because I can't get my head around the inane txtspeak that exists, when did 4 become a replacement for "for"?

I really don't like it, I did register for an account there, but after a couple of days I gave it up, when I wanted to say anything the 140 char limit was a pain, and when I didn't want to say anything, well, there was nothing to say.

That and I could never keep up with even the small number of people I wanted to follow.

Shadow
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't txt very much(or read many txts I receive), because I can't get my head around the inane txtspeak that exists, when did 4 become a replacement for "for"?

Personally I don't know how people can even type like that. I can type for a lot faster than 4 when I'm typing a normal sentence.

scragar
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
They aren't touch typers though, they are people who employ the "hunt and peck" method of typing, cutting out 2 characters probably saves them a minute or more.

Silent_Tales
02-20-2009, 02:21 AM
the 140 char limit

Oh my.. 140 chars? What kind of blog post is that? It's like a chat or forum post length.. After hearing that, I had doubts making one..

Delilah Rehm
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
It is like chatting! I started twitter because Felicia Day kept talking about it. After I bit, I liked it. Then when I decided to expand who I follow, adding interesting new people (and deleting the boring ones) it was even more fun! Mostly, I chat with people I know.

It isn't for everyone. I have one friend who is literally on NOTHING. Not lj, myspace, facebook, twitter, or any other forum. If any of you are on twitter, let me know. I'd like to add you. :)