PDA

View Full Version : Game Mods

Crisses
10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Inside the Assets folder of your Drox Operative installation create a "Database" folder.

Create a text file (mine is called "xes_GameMods.gdb") with a .gdb extension. This is your game mod file.

To lower the time to identify objects, planets & open junk etc., place this text in the file:

XesModGameSystem overrides GameSystem
{
MinIdentifyTime 0.75
BaseIdentifyTime 2.0
IdentifyTimeIncreasePerLevel 0.5

MinChestOpenTime 0.75
BaseChestOpenTime 1.5
ChestOpenTimeIncreasePerLevel 0.5

MinPlanetScanTime 0.75
BasePlanetScanTime 2.0
PlanetScanTimeIncreasePerLevel 0.5

}

"XesModGameSystem" is arbitrary (Xes is shorthand for Crisses).

I think that's all you have to do. Restart Drox Operative -- it should take much less time to identify, especially if you're in systems over your current character level. You can lower these numbers to lower the times.

Hope that helps!

Draciel
10-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Thanks! I have question -

Terafform planet quest, Id like to have mooore of them, but I dont know what to change... Can someone help? In quests.gdb, there is something about it, but quest chance is 0.0, so I think something else is triggering them, but what...?

Crisses
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
other thread:
Crisses - thanks for speed up openings mod, its much better now :)

If it's not fast enough, you can tweak those numbers. I reduced 1.0 to .75 for example. So you could make it .5, .25 or maybe even 0. I haven't experimented with 0 values.

Thanks! I have question -

Terafform planet quest, Id like to have mooore of them, but I dont know what to change... Can someone help? In quests.gdb, there is something about it, but quest chance is 0.0, so I think something else is triggering them, but what...?

I don't think they're random quests -- so the random chance is 0. I can't find where they're triggered -- but maybe it's under planet type to trigger planet-type-based-quests? I see that planets can give quests (Planets are a monster type lol)...

The terraform quests are all also grouped under ImprovementQuestName in Races.gdb but that doesn't appear anywhere else in the gdb files.

From there, each race has chances of specific types of quests, but the ImprovementQuests aren't mentioned nor are Terraforming quests. It must be further lumped into an upstream quest type, I'm guessing.

Looks like a job for Shadow...

Also, there's 2 types of terraform quests -- are you talking about fetch item quests or fetch monster part quests?

Shadow
10-14-2012, 12:18 PM
ImprovementQuestName in Races.gdb are used when a race doesn't have enough quests for you to do. If you wanted one specific quest in that situation to pop up more often, you could probably just add it to the list again.

Draciel
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
If it's not fast enough, you can tweak those numbers. I reduced 1.0 to .75 for example. So you could make it .5, .25 or maybe even 0. I haven't experimented with 0 values.

I gave IncreasePerLevel to 0, it seems ok :)

Also, there's 2 types of terraform quests -- are you talking about fetch item quests or fetch monster part quests?

These are linked, so when you complete first, second started - with better planets thera are 3 types and with terran - paradise 4... But I need possibility to do more of these quests in general, no matter what type they are, just more terraforming and maybe colonize and so...

To Shadow - thanks, I look into it!