PDA

View Full Version : Priest has problem bellying up to the lifestone

Corvus Corax
09-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I've got 3 warriors and a priest, all armed with big hammers, standing around the lifestone. I'm noticing today that my character, a priest, has a problem getting close enough to the lifestone to activate healing. I've got to jockey her around like crazy to get her healed. Don't know if this has something to do with the large, burly warriors, all armed with hammers, but she seemed kind of blocked a lot of the time.

Love this game!....which, by the way, really has very few things wrong with it. I have yet to run into anything comparable to the problems I routinely have with AAA titles produced and marketed by big development teams/publishers. DoP just plays and plays and plays. Kudos! :)

AnalogKid
09-28-2007, 03:54 AM
I noticed that if my NPC priest has a buff spell, she'll cast it on everyone in the entire covenant before choosing to hit the lifestone. It's kind of annoying when I'm gating in/out from a nasty fight and just want to heal up and return, but the Priest just starts casting away, even as her life drains due to poison or whatever.

I don't think this is a bug, it's just the way the AI works. I'm not sure how to easily fix it either, where do you draw the line between using her spells and healing herself? How does she know if the rest of the covenant is involved in raiding/defending or if they're just sippin' on gin 'n juice? Oh well.

Anyway, it's possible that's what's going on with your Priest.

Corvus Corax
09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm having the problem with my main character (who has yet another warrior with a big hammer in her party). The problem's actually kind of an intermittent thing. If I get the 4 covenant members around the lifestone to rearrange themselves, it goes away. I seem to recall something like you describe when I played my warrior with attached priest.

So far, my problems with DoP are absolutely trivial. I'm having to really dig to come up with anything much.