PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flicker - Unplayable Fullscreen

JustMe74
04-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I just bought this game and installed it, but I'm getting extreme screen flicker if I run in fullscreen mode. It seems to work fine in windowed mode though... tried with all graphics options at the lowest and highest settings, nothing seems to help. I did install all the way up to the latest beta patch, no change.

OS: Windows 7 64-bit (tried the various compatibility modes - no difference)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
CPU: QX6850
GPU: HD4870

Any suggestions?

Shadow
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
For screen flicker I would make sure monitor sync is on and/or update your graphics card drivers. If neither of those work you could try to turn off the hardware cursor.

JustMe74
04-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately none of that worked... the only thing that works is running the game in windowed mode. No other games that I own exhibit this behavior....

Shadow
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hmm. You don't have monitor sync or something list that forced off in your graphics card options do you (in windows itself not in the game).

Other than that I don't have any other ideas at the moment. It might be something broken in Windows 7 (if it is I hope they fix it before they release).

Anyone else have any ideas?

rlpowell
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I had the same issue, actually; also on Windows 7 64-bit. Running in a full-sized window actually works well, though (that is, the window being the same size as the desktop resolution), so I do that. I prefer it anyways; faster task switching.

-Robin