PDA

View Full Version : Does the game eventually get harder?

Rhygadon
04-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm enjoying the basic gameplay, but starting to get disconcerted about the lack of challenge. I'd assumed that the difficulty would ramp up eventually, but now I'm on the last level of the demo, and (playing on Hard) I haven't died once and have scored Gold on my first run-through of every map. Plus, each unlocked character seems stronger than the last.

Granted, I've played my fair share of clickfests, but still. Without real challenge (i.e. significant risk of death), all the powerup-management and different foe types drop out and the game essentially becomes just a quest for secrets and multi-kill combos. The OCD-completism fun is still there, but I don't think that alone can hold my interest past the demo.

So ... do I need to restart on hardcore? Or can I expect a more significant challenge down the road?

p.s. I adore the growling-dog noise that the Dark Elves make ... it's incongruous, but somehow enormously charming!

Shadow
04-13-2009, 07:01 AM
I think it gets harder but you might want to wait for a less biased source to answer.

Rhygadon
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Heh, OK, will do!

icekrystal10
05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I played through part of the game on hard and in my opinion it does get harder. Some characters seem easier to play depending on your playstyle while others will offer a challenge. Or maybe you just have more experience with these kinds of games.