PDA

View Full Version : New server

Shadow
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
First off, I'm sorry that our forums were turned off for a week. :( That was longer than I was expecting, but there were a lot of things to setup on the server, a lot of things to learn, and I was unfortunately out of town this weekend.

However, the new server should be much faster and reliable than the old one. I also have much more control since it's a dedicated server instead of a shared one. For example, I have turned on the email notification in the forums. If you subscribe to a thread the forums will email you when someone has replied to that thread. People have been asking for this for a long time, but I could never do it with our previous server's strict email limits.

On a personal note, I didn't realize how much I like our forums. Not having our forums turned on made it feel like I was cut off from all of you, which really sucked. One of the nice things about being an indie is direct contact with gamers (no publishers, distributors, and retailers in the middle). Not having forums kills a lot of that.

udm
04-26-2009, 03:34 AM
You know what would suck even more?

http://home.comcast.net/~cheetah24/wabbit.jpg

That's right, not being able to catch wascally wabbits on this forum!!!