PDA

View Full Version : Slow

Shadow
05-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Our forum traffic has been pretty slow lately. :( I'm sure our week down didn't help matters. I would like it to way more busy, but I'm not sure how to encourage such a thing. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions?

GeorgiaBoy
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Our forum traffic has been pretty slow lately. :( I'm sure our week down didn't help matters. I would like it to way more busy, but I'm not sure how to encourage such a thing. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions?

Graduations are happening right now (I have three to attend)...However, there just hasn't been much new news around here. Care to share any additional teasers about upcoming projects?

GB

Shadow
05-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Still working on multiplayer for Kivi. Unfortunately, the low level multiplayer code is pretty boring to talk about.

GeorgiaBoy
05-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Still working on multiplayer for Kivi. Unfortunately, the low level multiplayer code is pretty boring to talk about.

How about your thoughts on the upcoming hardcore dungeon crawl?

GB

torikamal
05-16-2009, 07:30 PM
You know what though? I've found that what you referred to as super-boring updates are, I kind of look forward to seeing.

Maybe I'm weird like that, but I think it makes us feel like there's a VH1 behind the scenes kind of thing going on.

Shadow
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
How about your thoughts on the upcoming hardcore dungeon crawl?

I truthfully haven't thought too much about the dungeon crawl lately. I've been focused on multiplayer stuff. When multiplayer is done and I start focusing on the dungeon crawl, I will hopefully post a lot more.

I still haven't decided what exactly is going to make it stand out, especially from Depths of Peril.

You know what though? I've found that what you referred to as super-boring updates are, I kind of look forward to seeing.

Maybe I'm weird like that, but I think it makes us feel like there's a VH1 behind the scenes kind of thing going on.

I'll have to post some more about the multiplayer stuff. Right now I'm working on the master server side of things. At the beginning I wasn't even planning on creating a master server, but I didn't really like my other options.

ShaggyMoose
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
I truthfully haven't thought too much about the dungeon crawl lately... I still haven't decided what exactly is going to make it stand out, especially from Depths of Peril.
Maybe you could run a suggestions thread to give you some ideas?

I know one thing I would like to see is the persistent gameworld remain, but expanded.

Instead of just having the craftsman randomly ask for materials, they should be trying to craft a specific epic weapon for example. Some kind of weapon and armour crafting/enhancement would also be great.
Competing towns in a world map, increasing the scope of the game.

Some other stuff...

Mix of random and static areas to allow more differentiation of zones and the ability to create some unique areas.
I would also like to be able to give my party more direct orders. Sometimes they do incredibly frustrating things...
Better tools for loot handling. The shared loot chest is fantastic, but now that I have four high levels characters playing through the game, the juggling of loot at the end of each world takes a long time. Its too difficult to compare and swap equipment between characters.

Anyway, looking forward to a new title.

Shadow
06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I actually do plan on doing this when I'm done with the multiplayer stuff.

joexx000
09-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Sounds good