PDA

View Full Version : Mod question (Skill/Attribute)

MageMatthew
06-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I just bought the game off Impluse a couple days ago.
Games shows newest patch.

What file(s) do i mod for skill points and attribute points per lvl?
When i edit those files it is best to leave the originals in thier .zip format and edit a copy but do i .zip the modded files as well?
Do i just drag the file to C:\Program Files\Indie Games\Depths of Peril\Assets or do i make a different folder?

Thanks for any help

ps Is it possible to just added points to my saved character?

Shadow
06-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Leave the original files in the zip. Keep the new files (and only the ones you changes) just as a loose normal file, in this case a gdb file. You have to make sure the directory structure is correct though. With the gdb files they are going to end up in the Assets/Database/ directory.

To change attribute points, change AttributePointsPerLevel in Database/systems.gdb

For skill points you are going to want to change one or more of the following depending on how exactly you want to raise your skill points: BaseSkillPointsPerLevel , LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises , and SkillPointRaise . These are also in Database/systems.gdb

MageMatthew
06-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Leave the original files in the zip. Keep the new files (and only the ones you changes) just as a loose normal file, in this case a gdb file. You have to make sure the directory structure is correct though. With the gdb files they are going to end up in the Assets/Database/ directory.

To change attribute points, change AttributePointsPerLevel in Database/systems.gdb

For skill points you are going to want to change one or more of the following depending on how exactly you want to raise your skill points: BaseSkillPointsPerLevel , LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises , and SkillPointRaise . These are also in Database/systems.gdb

Thanks for the reply I had figured out what i was doing wrong i was missing the directory part of the path.