PDA

View Full Version : Favorite DoP & Kivi monsters

Shadow
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I think our next game is going to share the same mythos as does Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld, so I'm planning on carrying over some of the monsters from those 2 games. Some of them are going to have interesting changes though. What monsters did you guys really like that you want to see again in the dungeon crawl?

GeorgiaBoy
06-18-2009, 07:44 PM
The more variety from DoP the better. Maybe the ability to import models from the Neverwinter Nights universe?

GB

P.S. I started playing D&D in the late 1970's, so my faves tend to be rather generic. Here goes:

Skeleton (DoP)
Giant Rat
Kobold
Green Slime
Grey Ooze
Goblin
Orc
Hobgoblin
Gnoll
Bugbear
Human Barbarian
Ogre
Snake
Spider (various types, including teleporting)
Gargoyle
Ghoul
Wight
Wraith
Spectre
Vampire
Lich
Various Giants (Hill, Frost, Stone, Fire, Storm), Titan
Various colors of Dragon including the Rainbow Dragon
Various Demons
Various Devils
Purple Worm
Minotaur
Basilisk

Very generic...

torikamal
06-21-2009, 01:59 PM
The scavenger stands as my all time favorite creature.
I also really liked the lich.

Any creature that makes you change your regular attack strategy is awesome in my book.

I always love creatures that can summon.

Shadow
06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
The scavenger stands as my all time favorite creature.
I also really liked the lich.

I'm pretty sure the scavenger and the lich will be back. I even have some improvements in mind for the them.

Any creature that makes you change your regular attack strategy is awesome in my book.

I've always tried to have our monsters do that. I'm going to push this a bit further in this game though. I'm also hoping that the various monsters can interact with each other and the environment.

ShaggyMoose
06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I am a big fan of the monster selection in DoP. A lot of visual and tactical variety. Maybe you could add flying creatures? Or creatures that are themed depending on the type of area you are in?

(name here)
07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Scavengers here too. I also like the totems and the saurians.

I hate dimensional gates, personally. Mostly because they tend to summon vast hordes. I guess they let the wizard earn his pay outside of raids, though.

icekrystal10
07-03-2009, 01:32 AM
i've only played through kivi and thought the monster variety was excellent. you have standards like orcs and skeletons, and unique monsters like scavengers and shadows. i have no favorite monsters, but i think having a greater variety of monsters is better, especially if they have unique abilities.