PDA

View Full Version : Relic Attribute bonus not applied on restart

Ubbax
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Playing the Retail Release with the Beta v1.002 patch applied.
(Still using the Beta v1.002 patch since it was mentioned there are no differences)

Out of the 4 Relics I have in the House Layout, 3 have Attribute bonuses.
One of them has 3 Dexterity and 2 other effects.
Two of them have +1 Strength and another effect.

If I completely exit the game to the windows desktop and then start it up again the Attribute bonuses are not applied to my Recruits.
..(they are being applied to my player character though)

I have to remove all the Relics to my inventory, close the inventory, and then place them back in the House Layout.
Once I do that the attribute bonus effects are then applied to the Recruits.

I cannot recall offhand if this also happens if you just exit the game to the menu and re-enter. (unable to access the game at the moment)

No game killer by any means but caused some confusion when I removed my Recruits favourite weapon and then he could not re-equip it :eek:

...This brings to light another matter, not a bug/maybe a bug, related to Attributes and equipping Items.

Is it intended that you are able to wield/wear items you no longer have the attributes for?

As an example: You have a Sword which requires 26 Strength & 33 Dexterity.

To equip this sword you use items/potions to raise your attributes to the required level and then remove the items which allowed you to meet the requirements of the Sword.
As long as you do not un-equip the sword you can wield it freely.

Ubbax
"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows." - David T. Wolf

Shadow
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
...This brings to light another matter, not a bug/maybe a bug, related to Attributes and equipping Items.

Is it intended that you are able to wield/wear items you no longer have the attributes for?

Yes, this is intended. It's mostly there so if you get the plague or a curse put on you or something similar that the game doesn't take away your weapon and/or armor all of a sudden.

I'll look into the relics issue.

Shadow
10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
The relic stats not being applied correctly is fixed in version 1.003.