PDA

View Full Version : Improved World Map request.

Archon
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Hello, big fan of your dungeon crawl games Soldak devs although one request I would like to make for Din's is for improved visibility of the player, npc's, or monsters on the world map screen. For Kivi's the small single pixel green dot was kind of a pain to see normally and if your character was against a wall the green dot could blend into the environment on the world map screen turning the dungeon crawler into a seek and find for me and my four eyes. I would like to see some sort of zoom feature on the world map making the indicators larger for people who may need the extra visual aid and maybe more of a contrast between environment and player marker on the world map screen. It's certainly not a deal breaker to have a more accessible world map since Kivi's and Depths are great games on the whole although it would be a really nice addition for people who may not have the greatest of vision.

Shadow
09-24-2009, 07:41 PM
You might be able to fix that already by changing your configuration. In either game, open the console with the ~ key, type in miniMapAlpha 1 and hit enter, then the hit ~ again to close the console. Does that make it better?

That command should remove the alpha so that the background won't interfere. You can do the same thing but use the value 0.5 to put it back to normal.

Archon
10-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi Shadow, thanks for the reply.

Opened up the console and tried the MiniMapAlpha command. Is the command the same thing as moving the alpha slider in the options menu all the way to the right? Strangely I find it a bit easier to see the green dot on the minimap if the background is not entirely opaque since the alpha slider does not seem to effect the opacity of the dot's on the minimap (at least I don't think it does?) and kinda makes the dot's easier to see when the background is a bit translucent.

The suggestion was more for the fullscreen map if Din's is going to support the feature like it's two predecessors. I have a better time finding the dot on the minimap since the green dot is always centered, it's the map screen where I sometimes have the trouble locating the dot because of the size and especially if it's blended in with some unfriendly terrain like the light blue ice on the map.

Shadow
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Opened up the console and tried the MiniMapAlpha command. Is the command the same thing as moving the alpha slider in the options menu all the way to the right? Strangely I find it a bit easier to see the green dot on the minimap if the background is not entirely opaque since the alpha slider does not seem to effect the opacity of the dot's on the minimap (at least I don't think it does?) and kinda makes the dot's easier to see when the background is a bit translucent.

Yeah, they do the same thing. I forgot that was in the options. :)

The suggestion was more for the fullscreen map if Din's is going to support the feature like it's two predecessors. I have a better time finding the dot on the minimap since the green dot is always centered, it's the map screen where I sometimes have the trouble locating the dot because of the size and especially if it's blended in with some unfriendly terrain like the light blue ice on the map.

Oh, I understand now. That's probably a good idea.