PDA

View Full Version : A way to win?

Qwerytykeys
09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Is there going to be some way to lift the curse and beat the game? Will it be after you beat a specific number of worlds?

Different endings would be neat as well.

Shadow
09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm not completely sure how it is going to work yet, but yes I think you will be able to "win". A lot of the progress on your overall win condition is going to be based on reputation.

Qwerytykeys
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Is there going to be a final world or challenge? For instance throughout the game there could be hints of "An evil inter-dimensional cult that is going to bring back an ancient evil" or "A group that is planning to kill Din" and your last challenge is to stop their plans. It could be randomly generated what they are trying to accomplish too.

Shadow
09-26-2009, 11:32 AM
I haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth between thinking that a final encounter seems tacked on and that I would want one final climatic battle before winning. I am open to suggestions on what you guys would like to see.

(name here)
09-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Some sort of final dungeon seems nice. Maybe one per pure class and one per pairing, with the only noteworthy difference being the final boss monster?

The point being to avoid constraining the ending to class combos which can do well against the selected final boss.

SharpCarlos
09-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth between thinking that a final encounter seems tacked on and that I would want one final climatic battle before winning. I am open to suggestions on what you guys would like to see.

I'm in favor of some sort of final dungeon. It seems anticlimactic to be doing "just another dungeon", finish it, and then have something pop up telling me I've achieved my target amount of reputation (or whatever determines the win condition).

Another idea: once we've "unlocked" that final dungeon, make it optional. Like, each time I start an adventure with that character, I can choose whether to do a normal dungeon (because I'm close to leveling up and learning some awesome new skill, for instance), or I can choose to "go for the win" and do the final dungeon.

That choice would be especially interesting with a hardcore character...