PDA

View Full Version : Links Plus

Delilah Rehm
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
While attending FenCon (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1617), I was sitting in the bar with Rachel Caine (yes, The Rachel Caine!) and listening to her talk about some books she read recently and loved. I made a mental note to find these books. Sometime later, I wondered what other books have my favorite writers loved. What I would pay to know what books Elizabeth Moon, Octavia Butler and Margaret Weis found exceptional!

Okay, so at this time I'm not comparable to any of those amazing authors, however I do have a lot of fiction out in the 'verse. If you like my fiction, maybe you'd like to know the books (and other genre things) I love. Not like, but absolutely love. I've put them in my links (http://www.soldak.com/Delilah/Links.html) section. I plan to add more sections (comics and games) and also keep it updated regularly.

If you really enjoy my fiction, I want to know what books you love! Why? Because I'll probably love them too. :) Even if you don't love my work, you've probably know about interesting books that haven't come to my attention and... I want to know! It's share time.

Delilah Rehm
10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
For those of you who don't like the *clicky, clicky* I'm adding the list here.

Books I *love* (starting with the last best thing I've read):

My 2009 Great Reads

Fledgling by Octavia Butler --tag: modern day, vampire
Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett- Wee Free Men, Hat Full of Sky and Wintersmith --tag: fantasy, witches, magic, disc world
Strange Robby by Selina Rosen --tag: modern day, psychic powers, aliens, copsMy 2008 Great Reads

Sacrifice Moon (A Stargate SG1 tie-in) by Julie Fortune --tag: modern day, aliens, alien tech, alien planet, military
Uglies series (YA) by Scott Westerfeld- Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras --tag: future world, cool tech
Remnant Population by Elizabeth Moon --tag: science fiction, aliens
Serrano series by Elizabeth Moon- especially Hunting Party (1), Rules of Engagement (5) and Against the Odds (7) --tag: future world, science fiction, militaryShows I *love*:

Battlestar Gallactica (tv) --tag: science fiction, robots, post war survival, military
Dexter (tv) *show still running* --tag: modern day, good serial killer, cops
Dr. Horrible (net) --tag: modern day, superheroes, comedy, musical (trust me, it works!)
Firefly (tv) and Serenity (movie) --tag: future world, space western (sounds dopey but it is very, very good)
The Guild (net) *show still running* - Felicia Day's internet sensation about a group of mmo rpg players. --tag: modern day, gamers
Pitch Black and the follow up, Chronicles of Riddick --tag: future world, adventure, aliens (in PB), necromancers (in CR), convict
Rome (tv) --tag: ancient times, soldiers, politics, Caesar
Veronica Mars (tv) --tag: modern day, detective, mystery