PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse by Christmas?

GeorgiaBoy
10-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Will it make it by Christmas (for the shopping season)?

GB

Shadow
10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I am hoping that we make it out before Christmas, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure we won't make it out for the shopping season though. Usually when people say that want to be out for Christmas what the mean is they want to be on selves before Thanksgiving.

GeorgiaBoy
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I am hoping that we make it out before Christmas, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure we won't make it out for the shopping season though. Usually when people say that want to be out for Christmas what the mean is they want to be on selves before Thanksgiving.

Thanks Shadow. Given the economy, I do not plan to shop until a few days before Christmas...

GB

getter77
10-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Indeed it would be nifty to round out 2009 with this game. Oddly enough, barring something strange, this is shaping up to be the last game I'll be able to buy for quite some time now---just popping onto my field of vision such a short while ago.

Hapless Kiwi
10-20-2009, 05:41 AM
By Christmas would be great-but if you could give us a heads up around the start of the month (to let us plan for gifting or sending a card), that would be even better.

Wantonius
10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I seriously think that 2009 will go down as one of the best years for gaming, atleast for me. First we had Majesty 2 coming out, though not nearly as special as the first one was, it still was worth the wait. Original Majesty was a top 10 game ever. Now I'm giddy like a schoolgirl in a sugarrush for Dragon Age: Origins.

Then I come to visit Soldak site after a break and I find out that you are making a new game that atleast on paper seems a project that's gonna waste a few hundred hours of my life for digital nirvana. DoP certainly did that last winter. Man, if you can push Din's Curse out before Christmas 2009 will easily be the best year for games since original Civilization came out.

Sometimes it's good to have absolutely no life whatsoever :D.

fab
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and Diablo III mostly, and a nice update to EverQuest II that will upgrade all the old shaders to 3.0.

But boy would I love to see a multiplayer enabled Din's Curse for my LAN party this Christmas !! :) Or just a demo...

There's many games my friends will play on a LAN but will rarely play otherwise. I know I would buy Din's Curse because I loved DoP, but my friends probably won't. Still, it would be a shame not to give them a chance to discover the game over a 2-3 days LAN party with a demo that is too short or does not allow for LAN play.

*fingers crossed*

Wantonius
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Diablo III is so far away that I don't dare to dream yet and I stay out of MMOs and MMORPGs. Take waaaaay too much time, those.

Starcraft 2, Bioshock 2, Football Manager 2010... the list goes on.

Still, I agree with the LAN bit. And single player.

Can't wait, but apparently we must :D.

markgil
10-24-2009, 02:28 PM
aside from dins curse, my upcoming games list includes diablo 3 & elemental-war of magic (hopefully both will be out in 2010), kings bounty-armored princess & dawn of fantasy. i am also going to get disciples 3 & majesty 2 i'll but wait until all the expansions are out for them & pick up the gold pack. i am also hoping that kohan 3 (like KAG and NOT like KOW), warlords 5 & warlords battlecry 4 will eventually be made. it will also be a good thing if if heroes of m&m 6 is more like the 3rd game in the series than the 4th or 5th.

Delilah Rehm
10-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm waiting for the Sims 3. Yes, I'm waiting because I need a new computer first! :p Also, I there is no way I would let a little thing like a new computer stop me from Diablo 3, but I've got awhile on that one. What do you guys think? If Starcraft comes out 2010, then maybe we'll see Diablo 3 in 2011??? I hope it doesn't take longer than 2011.

Din's Curse will run just fine on my computer. How sweet is that?

Kruztee
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm waiting for the Sims 3.
Just wondering, does your computer run Sims 2 OK? If so, there's no need to wait. The required system specs are almost identical, from my experience.

...and my laptop! Awesome.:D

Delilah Rehm
10-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Just wondering, does your computer run Sims 2 OK? If so, there's no need to wait. The required system specs are almost identical, from my experience.

:eek: Seriously! :eek:... :eek:... YES!

BYE GO TO STORE SEE YOU GUYS IN A FEW MONTHS! ;)

Guenwhyever
10-27-2009, 01:15 PM
easims.custhelp.com on "minimum system requirements for sims 2" says....

CPU: 800 MHz
RAM: 256 MB
Video: 32 MB DirectX 9.0 and T&L compatible

easims.custhelp.com on "minimum system requirements for sims 3" says....

CPU: 2.0GHz (XP) 2.4GHz (Vista)
RAM: 1 GB (XP) 1.5GB (Vista)
Video: 128 MB DirectX 9.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0 compatible

Even though it's slightly off the main topic, I had to post it to save you!

Sims 2 is one of my favorite games, and runs 100% lag free at max settings on my old beater box!
Sims 3 on the other hand, gives me 4 FPS on a good day, and on bad ones it won't even start.

Delilah Rehm
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
:( *sadness*

Yeah, I'm close to the min for Sims 2. So... I just don't have enough machine for 3. My video card is the biggest offender. Looks like I'm still waiting on the computer fairy. I hope they're faster than the laptop fairy, because that's some magic I've never seen at my house! :p

PS It's weird that vista machines need more of everything. What does that say about vista software? I hope I never have to have a computer dirtied up with vista.

Guenwhyever
10-27-2009, 08:08 PM

It will be even sweeter if if runs just fine on mine ;)

PS It's weird that vista machines need more of everything. What does that say about vista software? I hope I never have to have a computer dirtied up with vista.

It's because they are prettier! (I'm one who would rather not be devoting 1/6th of my CPU and 50% of my ram for prettiness)

:( *sadness*
Looks like I'm still waiting on the computer fairy. I hope they're faster than the laptop fairy, because that's some magic I've never seen at my house! :p

Hopefully Din's Curse is that fairy ;)