PDA

View Full Version : Assets001 and Assets003

Asmodean
10-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Just a question - I noticed that certain files (for instance, systems.gdb) exist in both Assets001 and Assets003, and both are identical as far as I can tell.

When modding, do both need to be edited, or just one?

Asmodean
10-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, another question while I'm at it - is the level cap hardcoded? I modded the game to get my char to 100 and it wasn't gaining any experience past it, even though the mobs it was killing were still giving full xp.

Shadow
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Actually you don't want to change either of the systems.gdb files. You can, but then you don't know what the original files looked like.

The game looks for each file in a certain order. It first looks for a loose file (a normal file not in a zip) and then checks in the zip files. It checks the zip files in reverse alphabetical order. This is why patches include zips with higher numbers. So in this case you want to just add systems.gdb as a loose file or put all of your changes into a zip later in the alphabet than assets003. I would use something other than assetsXXX or a future patch might overwrite your changes someday.

As for the max level, I think that actually might be hardcoded in the exe still.

Corvus Corax
10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh, another question while I'm at it - is the level cap hardcoded? I modded the game to get my char to 100 and it wasn't gaining any experience past it, even though the mobs it was killing were still giving full xp.

Whoa! At what level are characters capped? I'd assumed it was 100 because you can set AI difficulty as high as 100. If it's lower than 100, I'd like to know that, as I've been planning my characters' development based on being able to level to 100.

Asmodean
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Whoa! At what level are characters capped? I'd assumed it was 100 because you can set AI difficulty as high as 100. If it's lower than 100, I'd like to know that, as I've been planning my characters' development based on being able to level to 100.

At the moment, it is 100, but I was kind of hoping to find a way to get past that cap to allow for unlimited leveling.

Shadow
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, the level cap in the full game is 100.