PDA

View Full Version : Quick thought on mods

scragar
10-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Could there be an easy way to turn mods on or off without having to move them around? I really wouldn't mind restarting the game after changing the mods for them to take effect, but having to close the game, open a file manager and navigate down to a directory to move around a few .zip files to enable or disable a mod, then restarting the game, just so I can play it in a different way was one of the few things I liked and disliked about DoP(The ease at which a huge number of mods could be created, but the pain of messing about with them for different effects :( ).

Guenwhyever
10-31-2009, 02:43 AM
Could there be an easy way to turn mods on or off without having to move them around? I really wouldn't mind restarting the game after changing the mods for them to take effect, but having to close the game, open a file manager and navigate down to a directory to move around a few .zip files to enable or disable a mod, then restarting the game, just so I can play it in a different way was one of the few things I liked and disliked about DoP(The ease at which a huge number of mods could be created, but the pain of messing about with them for different effects :( ).

I just add .lol to a mod to disable it!

so, If my mod is iliketocheat.gdb I just rename it to iliketocheat.gdb.lol and it stops working =3
(This is of course in between game restarts)

Shadow
11-01-2009, 11:49 AM
This is something I do want to do some day. With the present system I haven't thought of a good way to do it yet though.