PDA

View Full Version : Entering Dungeons/Areas Unusually Difficult?

Asmodean
10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Am I the only one who feels that entering a dungeon - either through the regular entrance or via a portal after quitting and restarting the game - is the difficulty equivalent of a miniature Operation Overlord?

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it appears that dungeon entrances usually have a much higher concentration of mobs. It's not uncommon to find several packs of mobs hanging around the entrance and all aggroing upon the moment you set your foot inside.

I, for one, found that entering a new dungeon or a new level often seems to be the most difficult part of beating the dungeon insofar as survivability is concerned. Of course, one can always hit-and-run (zone in, kill a few mobs, zone out), but, to me, that reeks of cheating just a tiny bit.

Oh, and I noticed the same problem when zoning into an open area, although it's often not quite as difficult as mobs tend to be more spread out.

Shadow
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
The game doesn't spawn monsters near the gates on purpose, but dungeons do have a higher concentration of monsters than the outside areas do. That's probably what you are seeing.

p3n4nc3
10-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Yah I have to agree with Asmodean. Trying to get into Red Death....I've now spent 1 hour zoning in using both the Red Death gate and a player gate I set up. There are still over 15 mobs hanging around each of them. Something must be spawning mobs but it is a bit over the top.

I've only died one time but that isn't the issue. I guess after 1 hour of work I want to see some progress. Realistically I would need about a 30% dps increase to burn thru these mobs and make progress.

Asmodean
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Usually takes me about 3-5 zone-ins to clear the entrance, but, for some of the more difficult areas, as many as 10 are sometimes required (I think 17 was my record - I was ready to start tearing my hair out).

p3n4nc3
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I didn't track the number of zone ins... but playing a lvl 24 priest and was trying to complete a lvl 23 quest..mobs were between lvls 22-24. I did finally get it but took quite a bit of zoning in and out to stay alive.

Delilah Rehm
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I've only had the problem of mobbing when I'm doing an area a bit too hard for me. I drag around a few guys, then more respawn. It makes it almost impossible to gate in without dying. :( It's even worse if there are amorphs.