PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse - Wizard

Shadow
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Today we revealed the third player class, the Wizard, with its 3 specialties (Fire Mage, Ice Mage, and Magician) over on the Din's Curse classes page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Classes.html).

getter77
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Always nice to see yet another of these revealed. I predict much fun to be had with Permafrost/Shatter/ColdMastery for an Ice focus. Looking very much forward to the rest of the classes being revealed as December and such rolls onward.

Might want to fix this typo though: "grenade\nand" the /n being the culprit.

Shadow
12-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Damn I missed one of those. It's fixed now. Good catch though.

Cadfan
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
It looks like you could do something really fun by making a hybrid with the Fire Mage and one of the melee classes. You could go with Shield of Fire, Flame Blade, and Fire Elemental, mixed with a variety of weapon abilities.

Maybe the Gladiator would be the right call, since the Gladiator's mana generation synergizes well with the Shield of Fire bonuses.

Oh, two other things. The Gladiator's Focus: Rage ability tells you that you gain more Rage, which is probably a carry over from DoP if "rage" is just "mana" now.

And how will prerequisites work for gear when you make a hybrid character that splits you between multiple ability scores? Do you just do the best you can? Or are item ability score prerequisites so different that this is no longer an issue?

Shadow
12-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh, two other things. The Gladiator's Focus: Rage ability tells you that you gain more Rage, which is probably a carry over from DoP if "rage" is just "mana" now.

And how will prerequisites work for gear when you make a hybrid character that splits you between multiple ability scores? Do you just do the best you can? Or are item ability score prerequisites so different that this is no longer an issue?

Yeah, I know about the focus rage thing. I keep going back and forth on whether to change it. I probably should.

As for item attribute requirements, you are pretty much on your own.