PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse on Mac OS + small suggestion

fab
12-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm finally moving to an iMac, and looking forward to the MacOS version.

It's great to have a couple games that can be run straight from within Mac OS (without BootCamp) and played for short bursts, and Depths of Peril was just that kind of game.

So that's three cheers for Din's Curse on Mac. \:)/ \:D/ \:p/~

My only concern is how the game will look on the 27 inch iMac. It will probably run fine on the 4850 in native res (2560x1440), or it could be scaled down to 1280x720. I'm hoping someday that the gui/menus in the game could use a slightly higher res font, sharper boxes and so on.

Oh oh.. which makes me think.. do you think it would be feasible to run the game in a Window? I don't think it was possible to do in DoP, either on Mac or Windows. This could help with reducing the scaling, fixing the aspect ratio, if the one from the screen doesn't match the "internal" aspect ratio of the game (the the 2d seems to be scaled from some base unit).

I don't know if you can make windowed games on Mac though, which capture the mouse appropriately. That would be awesome though! PS: By that I mean you wouldn't necessarily resize the window, but have it at a fixed size, which is not full screen (eg. 1680x1050, on a 2560x1440 desktop).

Shadow
12-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Din can run in a window on a Mac or in Windows. So can DoP for that matter.

fab
12-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Great! Sorry.. didn't go on the options screen in a while. :o

Kreb
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I am currently playing Depths of Peril on a 24 inch iMac and even in full screen it looks great. I doubt you'll have any problems with Din's.