PDA

View Full Version : Localization

zyklop
12-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Is there any chance, that Din will be localized in different languages? Sure, most people and especially gamers understand English as far as to know, which buttons need to be pressed. But for a rpg with challenging story telling and quests a foreign language is still a big hurdle.

Also PR in foreign countries is much easier, if you can offer the game in major languages, starting with a localized demo.

Big publishers have enough money to start with many different language versions, i know. So perhaps you should talk with non-commercial gaming networks, if they would like to support your game with translations of item lists, dialogues and quest descriptions. There are many gaming networks all over Europe and Asia, not only supporting "big" publisher titles, but also indy developers.

Guenwhyever
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
The modding system makes it really easy to translate the game.

I would be awesome if Shadow included foreign people in the beta just so that they could translate (and in return get a free cop/swag).

Shadow
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure what we are going to do exactly yet. Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld were translated to Spanish and German through mods. DoP was even translated to French and Russian through retail deals.